Google Analytics is one of the most powerful analytics applications available for your WordPress website. Every WordPress site should be utilizing this entirely free service from Google. A propertly set up and configured analytics account will go way beyond simply tracking pageviews and visitors to see how much traffic you’re getting. It gives you the tools to make important decisions about your WordPress site, such as which pages are seeing the most traffic, what pages are converting leads and so much more.
Here is an excellent tutorial we found by the guys over at WP Smackdown that will walk you through setting up your analytics account and getting it properly configured with WordPress.
– How to setup a Google Account
– How to register for Google Analytics
– Where to find your tracking code
– How to install a popular WordPress plugin used with Google Analytics
– How to add the GA tracking script directly to your site